Here's your Race Day Guide for the best Virtual Race you can have!
- Get those beers on ice! Be sure you have a couple of cold Harpoon beers waiting for you when you finish! Try our May monthly, Summer Beer, a portion of proceeds are going to The Angel Fund!
- Prep: have your course set, your outfit (or costume!?) laid out, and your bib ready.
- Wear your race shirt and bib, so everyone knows that you’re out doing something special! Be sure to take a photo to share with everyone on the Harpoon 5-Miler Facebook page. *Whatever social channels you post on that day, make sure to tag @harpoonbrewery and #harpoon5miler
- Do all the pre-race things you usually do: hydrate, eat a good meal, warm up and stretch, whatever works for you!
- Going for an Award? If you’re competing for one of our virtual awards, learn about how to submit your entries on the Awards Page. You could be the lucky winner of a Dunkin’ gift card!
- Music! Listen to music from 2002-2021 with this throwback playlist from our DJ, Steve Greco from 343 Productions to celebrate our 20th Annual race!
On your Route
- Lookout for 5-Miler Shirts and Bibs! It depends on where you live, but we hope you see a fellow Harpoon runner/walker out in their bib!
- Give them a cheer if you do! (And if you don’t, go onto our Facebook or Instagram Page to see everyone there!)
- Push yourself and make it special! Make it to the finish line! Don’t forget we have an award for Most Creative Homemade Finish Line!
- Submit Your Results: You can upload your personal results here. You will receive an email from RunSignUp on the morning of the 23rd telling you how to email your results in. Click on submit your results and enter either your name or your email to submit your times! We are not matching names with bibs or giving awards based on times, this is for your personal knowledge!
- Hydrate and then crack open that fresh, cold Harpoon Beer! Ahhh… you’ve earned it!
- Hit play on the Throwback Playlist from DJ Steve!
- Dance-Off! Our friends at Wellness in Motion, owned by Ian Nurse, (who is no stranger to the 5-Mile stage) are holding an “@harpoonbrewery 5 Miler Social Distancing Dance-Off!” Visit their Instagram Account @wimboston to learn more and win prizes! Learn more about Wellness in Motion and their services to keep you moving, no matter what ails you, here.
- We hope you feel a sense of achievement and celebrate with us! 20 years of fighting ALS!
Every great run deserves a great beer, so we hope your fridge is stocked with Harpoon beer on race day! Still need to shop? Go to either our Boston, MA or Windsor, VT breweries and pick-up your favorite post run beverage, or check out our beer finder for an account near you!