Here's your Race Day Guide for the best Virtual Race you can have!
- Get those beers on ice! Be sure you have a couple of cold Harpoon beers waiting for you when you finish!
- Prep: have your course set, your bib ready, your outfit (or costume!?) laid out, and your mask cleaned and ready. (Stay safe out there!)
- Please wear your race bib, so everyone knows that you’re out doing something special! Be sure to take a photo of you in your bib to share with everyone on the Harpoon 5-Miler Facebook page. *Whatever social channels you post on that day, make sure to tag @harpoonbrewery and #harpoon5miler
- Do all the pre-race things you usually do: hydrate, eat a good meal, warm up and stretch, whatever works for you!
- Going for an Award? If you’re competing for one of our virtual awards, learn about how to submit your entries on the Awards Page.
- Music! If you like to listen to music while you run, and while you party, we have you covered! Our DJ, Steve Greco from 343 Productions, has mixed playlists just for you!
You have 2 listening options:
1) On Soundcloud, Steve has pre-mixed his playlists including voiceover announcements! The songs on these mixes are cut together to flow continuously, just like if you were listening to 343 Productions on race day. It's being shared from the Soundcloud iOS app--get it here, free.
- Download the RUN Playlist on SoundCloud here.
- Download the PARTY Playlist on SoundCloud here.
2) If that doesn't work for you, yo can listen on Spotify. The difference here is that on Spotify, each song will play from start to finish, with the usual breaks in between songs. Find the playlists on Spotify by searching for:
- "2020 Harpoon 5-Miler-Virtual Edition RACE Playlist"
- "2020 Harpoon 5-Miler-Virtual Edition PARTY Playlist"
On your Route
- Lookout for Harpoon Bibs! It depends on where you live, but we hope you see a fellow Harpoon runner/walker out in their bib! Give them a cheer if you do! (And if you don’t, go onto our Facebook or Instagram Page to see everyone there!)
- Push yourself and make it special! We hope your run/walk today feels a bit more exciting than your usual's, so give it your all, just like you would at the actual race.
- Be conscious of others. Be sure to bring your mask and practice social distancing.
- Submit Your Results: You can upload your personal results here. You will receive an email from RunSignUp on the morning of the 17th telling you how to email your results in. Click on submit your results and enter either your name or your email to submit your times! We are not matching names with bibs or giving awards based on times, this is for your personal knowledge!
- Hydrate and then crack open that fresh, cold Harpoon Beer! Ahhh… you’ve earned it!
- Hit play on the PARTY Playlist from DJ Steve!
- Text or call your friends to see how they did and maybe you can schedule a Zoom/Facetime call so you can enjoy your beers together!
- Dance! You know how big our dance party usually is, and there has to be at least one song on the PARTY playlist that you love. When you hear it, get down and boogie, raise the roof, step touch, do the worm, whatever you feel!
Dance-Off! Our friends at Wellness in Motion, owned by Ian Nurse, (who is no stranger to the 5-Mile stage) are holding an “@harpoonbrewery 5 Miler Social Distancing Dance-Off!” Visit their Instagram Account @wimboston to learn more and win prizes! Learn more about Wellness in Motion and their services to keep you moving, no matter what ails you, here.
- We hope you feel connected. As this year’s t-shirt says: Divided We Run, United We Cheers. We may be running/walking alone, but hope you feel the connection, knowing that over 3300 others are out doing it too.
*5:00pm: Tune in for the LIVE Toast and Chat with Harpoon CEO Dan Kenary and Angel Fund President Rich Kennedy! On Instagram @harpoonbrewery.
Every great run deserves a great beer, so we hope your fridge is stocked with Harpoon beer on race day! Still need to shop?
Try our to-go or delivery service at the Beer Hall in Boston or the Riverbend Taps in Windsor, VT!
Check out our blog with a list of Harpoon accounts in MA that are either offering pick up, delivery, or both.
If you live outside of MA, check out our beer finder to find a Harpoon account near you!